New services will continue to be offered as the Colorado Institute for Social Impact continues to grow and evolve. We are proud to offer these services to help social entrepreneurs start, grow or evolve their businesses.
Social Impact Orientation | Introduction
Join us for a free monthly introduction with local Social Entrepreneurs from the Colorado Institute for Social Impact as they unveil this new opportunity for Colorado communities. Learn about the 4th sector of the economy and how socially conscious businesses are reshaping traditional business and nonprofit models. We will discuss social enterprise, social business, conscious capitalism, benefit corporations, consumer trends, measuring the sector, and opportunities shaping the future of our economy. Learn how to incorporate this into your existing structure, start one from scratch, or just get better informed about how the sector is already impacting you!
Social Entrepreneur Assessment
Do you have the qualities of a Social Entrepreneur? What are these qualities and how are they measured? The Colorado Institute for Social Impact has developed a valuable tool that explores the 11 dimensions underlying the traits and characteristics that are found within social entrepreneurs. This assessment will map “who you are” with “what you do” as it pertains to social entrepreneurship to give you an assessment score measuring your understanding of what it takes to be a great social entrepreneur.
Social Impact Organizational | Cultural Assessment
Similar to the Social Entrepreneur assessment, this maps the qualities associated with this way of thinking except for a business culture vs. only for an individual. This assessment should be used if your company is thinking about converting to a social impact business or your nonprofit is looking to add a social impact business feature.
Social Impact Environmental Scan
Once a business has determined that it would like to explore a new social impact business model, this service will allow for organizations to examine the market and determine the best approach to achieve maximum social impact while balancing the bottom-line.
Social Impact Business Plan
Once a business has explored the direction and opportunity for their social impact opportunity, this service will help them fully build and launch their social impact business. This process will include the following:
- Identify and describe the target customer profile, features, advantages and benefits of your new venture, product or service.
- Develop marketing plans including full descriptions of targeted promotional campaigns with implementation timelines.
- Develop staffing plans including identifying the key players, skills, attitudes and expertise needed to build the social impact business.
- Develop financial plans including projected startup costs, operating costs, revenue, profits, and break-even analysis for the first 3 to 5 years.
- Projected financial plans allow you to make a significant contribution to your company's success, and help you get the funding you require.
- Develop SROI measurement tools for the social impact business
- Formulate company milestones including timelines for upcoming products and services in development
Social Return on Investment (SROI) Mapping
This innovative form of measurement is used to determine the extra-financial value (i.e., social and environmental impact not currently reflected in conventional financial accounts). This measurement is used to determine the additional value of investment related to the impact that a socially innovative businesses decision has to a community related to traditional resources invested. For example: Bridge to Justice, a social enterprise law firm in Boulder Colorado has an SROI value that shows for every $1 invested it has a $3.20 return to the community. This measurement can be used by a social impact business to evaluate impact on stakeholders, identify ways to improve performance and communicate value to the community.